Monday 6 May 2013

Q & A With: Awesomely Good Stuff - homemade cakes

Qaisha Osman
 Meet Qaisha Osman, the brains behind Awesomely Good Stuff.
Glasgow-based Qaisha has spent the last two years perfecting her cake decorating skills and is available to make cakes and cupcakes for any occassion imaginable (she once made a cake with handcuffs and a gavel iced into it for someone acquitted at court).

Style & Sound caught up with her for a little chat:

When did you start baking?
I start baking for fun about 2 years ago out of boredom. I'm self taught, mostly by watching YouTube videos on cake decorating.

What made you decide to start making cakes for other people?
When I first started baking, I baked for family and friends, and they said that it was good, why don't I sell it?
So after a lot of encouragements from them, I decided to start selling my cakes.

What's been your best creation?
All of them. But my favourite are the baby shower cupcakes. They're so cute and colourful, lots of cute baby details. I just can't get enough of it.

Baby shower inspired designs



An arresting design



Your weirdest request?
A handcuff cake.






Your favourite to make?
I enjoy every order because they're all different, so every one is my favourite.









 
 


Who do you admire celebrity chef wise?                
Anna Olsen, I just love the way she bakes.

















What would you like to do with your baking in the future?
It would be great if I can own my own cake shop.


To commission a cake or cupcakes by Qaisha, telephone 07450333171 email qaishaosman@gmail.com or visit her Facebook page by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment